Also known as spider veins, these are enlarged veins occurs due to prolonged standing and walking upright increases the pressure in the veins of the lower body.
- Bluish Discoloration of veins.
- Throbbing, burning, muscle cramping in the lower extremity.
- Feeling of heaviness in legs.
- Inflammation of skin, ulcers near the ankle.
- Color changes.
- Hardening of the vein.
- Age – It affects mostly women of age 30-60.
- Age- Risk of varicose veins increases with age.
- Family History- It can occur if other members had varicose veins.
- Prolong Standing and Sitting.
- Blood Clots.
- Low-salt, high-fiber diet.
- Elevation of legs.
- Ankle toe pumps.
- Breaks in between sitting and standing.
- Watching your weight.
Note- Wear compression bandages.